Google, for quite some time, has been redirected clicks on links in their search results to www.google.com/url?…. While I don’t approve of such practices, I didn’t mind it so much since this is presumably an effort to improve their search results. That changed recently, when I noticed that my history in Safari was filled with entries containing that URL as the title. Considering the fact that I often use the history to re-find a page with pertinent information, this is bordering on making my browser usage useless. Note: I tend to cmd-click links so they show up in new tabs. If you just click the link, the title in the history is correct.
Edit: My solution that was here previously didn’t work properly. I’ve developed a Safari Extension to correct this, and am currently testing it. If it passes the tests, I’ll likely put it up here.